Thursday, February 23, 2012

M.I.A.

My sincere apologies for the blogging hiatus lately. Life has been pretty crazy on our end lately and I just have not found a moment to slow down. Funny how life is.  Things are settling nicely on our end, but I still feel as though we have not reached the light at the end of this “adjustment tunnel.” I am thinking that may take awhile. I have learned that patience is not my strongest suit and have expectations that things should fall into place naturally and quickly. That. Doesn’t. Happen. So, I am working on that, and hoping soon enough the dust will settle.  Until then…

On a lighter note, any fun plans for the upcoming weekend? Austin and I have a friend and his fiancĂ© visiting us this weekend which should be a lot of fun.  They are getting married in May and I can’t wait to hear about how all of the details are falling into place.  I will be in her same crazed bridezilla panicked state  busy state this time next year. Eesh. One thing I really do hope to find time for this weekend is a little pampering. The fiancĂ© surprised me with a mani/pedi at a fabulous spa in Georgetown which I have yet to use.  He really is the best. I am hoping to set aside some time this weekend for that.
I am excited to show our friends around our new city this weekend and do lots of fun “touristy” stuff.  Austin said I looked like a kid on Christmas when he said he could arrange a private tour of the White House through his job. Nerdy side of me emerges…I have to say that my mood is greatly lifted due to the wonderful weather DC is experiencing today. 70 degrees! I have never been more ready for Spring in all of my life. Spring is my favorite season.  Bright, cheery clothing, evening al fresco dining on our back patio, and evening bike rides around the Potomac. Bliss.


Happy Almost Weekend!

Xoxo,

Katie
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm glad you're back and that I'm not the only one desperate for spring weather!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig