Monday, January 12, 2015

these are a few of my favorite things...


Okay, I know the holidays have been over for awhile now, but the title just popped into my mind! I wanted to share a few products that I literally probably couldn't make it a day without. Now, that may sound a touch dramatic....However, when a girl finds a good beauty product, it needs to be shared. The world of beauty products is a lot of fun...but can be super intimidating if you're anything like myself. Here are a few things on my beauty counter each and every morning.

I love to carry this Oribe Hair Refresher in my purse. Its travel sized and great for a little mid-day spritz to feel refreshed. If you've ever smelled any of the Oribe products, you will know how great they smell! 

You know when people ask you,  "if you could bring just a few essentials on a desert island what would they be?" Yep, the above are my three. I have been addicted to the Smith's Rosebud Salve for years now. I've tried the tube, and I just don't think the texture is the same as the stuff from the pot. Plus, its super cheap! $6 at Anthropologie.

The other two products I have begun using more recently. The Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara is literally exactly that. I don't wear terribly much eye makeup, but I really feel like this mascara makes my eyes pop. I always felt Mascara was one of those beauty essentials you could "skimp" on..until now. It's definitely a must buy!

I am a recent Bobbi Brown convert and I cannot get enough. This Foundation stick I apply daily with their full cover face brush and the coverage is seamless. I wear the shade "Alabaster" which is the lightest shade, but works great on a skin tone like mine in the winter. I especially tend to have oily skin and can notice my makeup is completely gone by 5pm, this has great staying power!

Blonde friends know, washing our hair can really be a love/hate relationship. I love nothing more than fresh blonde locks, but washing everyday can really dull your color. Enter: Batiste. Ya'll, I have probably been through 6 bottles in 6 months. It's that good. And the best part? You can score it for like $6 at TJ Maxx most times. When it's not in stock there, its about $8 at Nordstrom and free shipping. My mom put the scent above in my stocking and I think its my favorite so far! I will however say, the "blonde" version did not work well for my hair color.


Along with being a blonde, damage can always be an outcome. I began using this Bumble & Bumble quenching complex and really noticed a difference in my hair after continued use. It isn't a mask, so it isn't as drastic right off the bat, but more of a hair re-constructor overall. I have been using for roughly 3 years and can really tell how much softer it feels.


Last but certainly not least, is Kiehl's Creme de Corps body lotion. This stuff is GOOD. The body butter is amazing too and the scent is great. It reminds me of a summer vacation. I have super sensitive skin and along with winter it can get really dry. I use this stuff morning and night and swear by it!

-K
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig