Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Master Bedroom Paint Progress

When we first moved into our house last year I knew I wanted to refresh the paint in our master. It's not that the paint was terrible (I'm actually keeping it for Austin's office) I just didnt love it for a master retreat. Enter the struggle that is paint selection. I must have gotten too excited and didn't take any before pictures of our bedroom, but here is a picture of our neighboring (currently empty) office that has the same wall color.



I previously mentioned on here we were going to go with Benjamin Moore Grey Owl. Well, I began with the first wall and knew it just wasn't right. Our walls felt like concrete slabs. Not the warm yet crisp (if that makes any sense) feeling I was hoping for.

Enter three trips to Sherwin Williams later, and we found a winner. I settled with their Zurich White shade after seeing these photos online that feel crisp and clean but still have warmth to them. I cannot say how pleased I am with the transformation it has given our space. And perfect timing, the new end tables arrived yesterday right as I finished the last coat!




Fiona got relocated and is loving all of the natural light already. Here's to hoping it helps her brown spots! I'm still on the hunt for a fun rug for the foot of the bed as well as some neutral/sheer draperies in addition to a darker headboard. Baby steps, people.

Up next on our painting adventure, the kitchen!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig