Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ruff Shape



I have been meaning to do a post solely on my sweet baby girl Bailey, however have just not gotten around to it.  Today seems perfectly fitting as she is literally "sick as a dog." Poor thing breaks my heart.  Bailey is my two and a half year old golden retriever that also goes by the alias "Bailey Muffin" She has a huge piece of my heart and in my eyes, can really do no wrong (sometimes).   For the past two days she has been having "bathroom troubles" if you know what I mean. Let's not get into detail here. Well, this morning she decided to kick things up a notch by adding some good old fashioned vomiting in there too.  I double and triple checked the Christmas Tree (yes, she has been known to eat Christmas ornaments in years past) and nothing seemed to be missing. I have contacted our vet and scheduled an appointment this afternoon, hoping she is stabilized before then.

I hate not being able to help her or have her tell me what is wrong. (Katie, of course she cannot tell you, she is a dog, even though you may treat her like a human). Anyway, will keep you all posted on her improvements, hopefully we can get her back into her tip top baseboard-chewing shape in no time.

On a happier note. I met up with one of my girlfriends last night and we tried out a new spot for cocktails. It was so much fun. We decided to try Fox Liquor Bar for a couple cocktails and an appetizer.

We started with a couple glasses of Banda Azul Rioja, which was a delicious Spanish red wine.  We paired it with a trio of cheeses that we selected off their menu.  We went with the Bijou,  La Tur and Mycella Blue.  I highly recommend it if you're a cheese freak like myself.  The Mycella Blue was a little pungent for my liking ( I usually love any kind of blue cheese) however, I preferred the other two much more.




They are also known for (obviously, by their name) their liquor drinks. A couple beside us ordered one specifically that we knew we just had to try.  It was called the "Marie Antoinette"  It was a concoction of white rum, lemon juice,  Creme de Cacao and a raspberry garnish with TONS of crushed ice (my favorite). It was quite the presentation.




I highly recommend this spot if you're ever in the downtown Raleigh area.  Its pretty hidden as the entire location is underground, but such a fun intimate spot with exposed brick and concrete walls and plush leather couches.


I am off to nurse my sweet pup back to health. 

Happy Thursday!

xoxo,

Katie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig