Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall Cocktails : Bourbon

Bourbon Bomber from the life styled - looks like a great fall drink

This week, I finally caved and had my first pumpkin beer of the season. It was tough holding out as long as I did, considering I wanted to buy it the second it hit the shelves on a 90 degree August day. The hubs reiterated that "patience is a virtue" and to wait until real fall is here. Well, with the fall candles in our home burning and a 70 degree weekend on tap, it just seemed right. I had the Harvest Time by Big Boss Brewing and must say it knocks every other pumpkin beer out of the running. I could literally taste every note of pumpkin, and nutmeg and cinnamon. Heaven. The only part that is heartbreaking is that its only available through October...I smell a stock up in my future.

Here are some other fall drink recipes that I cannot wait to try this season. My husband claims he doesn't know many women that love bourbon quite like I do, I take it as a compliment.

Bourbon pumpkin shakes
Bourbon Pumpkin Shakes
Ginger Ale, fresh cider, and bourbon in a 2:2:1 ratio... new fall/winter drink YUM
This is one of my all time favorites. A little trick I learned with this one, is if you take a match, light it, and put it out in the cocktail before serving, it gives a delicious smoky flavor that is TDF.
Cherry Bourbon Lemonade
Wassail Cocktail: apple cider, fresh ginger, lemon, cinnamon, vanilla, bourbon

And while this may not be an actual cocktail, the fruit is soaked in bourbon and just looks downright delicious.
bourbon-soaked spiced pear, apricot, fig, & raisin tart with buttermilk whipped cream. a great fall dessert.

I am preparing to head to DC for a long girls weekend with one of my dearest friends and can hardly wait! Follow my trip here!

xo!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig