Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sideboard Situation

As we continue to settle into our new home and I figure out how many nooks and crannies I can cram all of our junk, my mind is a whirlwind of decor ideas.  Having a postage stamp relatively small sized home, I want to keep things as simple and minimal as possible but still functional.


Upon the entryway, the first thing you see is an empty alcove to the right of the fireplace. It. Is. Awful. I cannot look in the living room without this blank wall staring me straight in the face. So, my dilemma starts whether to turn this little area into a miniature home office for internet browsing or to score an amazing sideboard that could double for storage. Regardless of what ends up happening, I would like a piece on the lighter end to not cramp the space.


So far, sideboard is winning in my mind. Here are some styles I adore.


The detail and hardware on this piece are fabulous. There is nothing I do not like about this situation.

A mirrored piece would keep the space feeling open and could possibly make the area feel larger. I love the glam feeling a mirrored piece exudes.

I loved the idea of this for many reasons. A) Boat loads of storage below. B) I could make it personal by displaying pictures I have taken around DC above. However, the piece itself seems a bit heavy for what I am trying to go for.


Here is a picture of a sideboard project my mom refinished for her beach cottage.  It was a vintage store steal that begged to be re-painted. I love the eclectic feel.


As I continue to scour Craigslist and local antique shops, I will keep you posted. I may even get super brave and drive myself to Maryland to check out HomeGoods and see what their lamp department has to offer. Sometimes you can find some great designer look alike pieces at a quarter of the cost. But, lets not get ahead of ourselves as I am plum terrified to get behind the wheel in this city.

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo,

Katie  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig