Wednesday, January 6, 2016

miscellaneous 2016 thoughts


I don't know about you but I'm still getting used to dating things with 2016. I literally, kid you not, just typed 2015 instead of 2016. I digress. Perhaps it is just me, but I feel like each new year brings so much pressure! Each January, everyone's all, "I'm definitely working out more and "social media-ing" less" and so on and so forth. For me, this year, I'm focusing on not pressuring myself to be the absolute best at anything, but just being a "better" version of myself.

My goals for this year are to not adopt any crazy lifestyle changes or tell myself no carbs or no online shopping. Because, lets be real. But, be a better wife, a better friend, a better daughter, a better colleague and maybe even better at keeping up the ole' blog. Be more in the moment and less constant planning. I'm guilty of always planning the next step and never feel like I'm thoroughly enjoying just being there. I want to find myself fully wrapped into each moment with family and friends and not daydreaming of what I need to do next or what may have popped into my work email. Nope. Time to make a change!

2015 was such a whirlwind and they say as you get older each year goes even faster. I absolutely believe it. Its my goal to make the days (especially ones spent at home with my husband and family) feel longer and more enjoyed. Not constantly rushing to and from events with the ever running to do list.  That is my 2016 (I legit just typed 2015 again) goal that I hope to carry out this year and beyond. 

Here's to being "present"

-K
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig