Saturday, March 10, 2012

Closet Cooking

Moving from Raleigh, North Carolina to DC, one of the sacrifices I made for city living was my kitchen size. And boy did I downsize. My previous kitchen island was a glorious, enormous slab of granite that I could spread out all of my cooking supplies and really go to work. Our new home in DC, not so much. I guess they really had no use for a huge kitchen in the 1800's? Who knew.

Upon moving here, I stumbled across an incredible site called "Closet Cooking" Cooking in a closet sized kitchen. This really resonated with me, as it is a site FILLED with incredible recipes that you are able to make in your tiny kitchen space! Kevin, the owner of the site is lovely and allowed me to feature a few of my favorite recipes from his site on mine.  

A favorite classic and the first recipe I made from Closet Cooking was this delicious chicken pot pie. Here's the recipe. 
Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes in Fontina Cheese. YUM. It the perfect match for an appetizer whether you are heading to a potluck dinner or having a few friends over for drinks and want something easy. Here's the recipe. 
These are an all time favorite of the fiance's. Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes.  Three of my favorite words. These are an absolutely delicious indulgence, and after a long week, I can't think of anything more perfect on a Sunday morning. Here's the recipe.


Whether your kitchen is the postage stamp size that ours is, or huge, you'll do yourself a favor to check out Closet Cooking. Amazing, unique recipes you are sure to love! Many thanks to Kevin for allowing me to share his amazing site!


Happy Cooking!


xoxo,


Katie
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yum yum yum! That all sounds so good!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig